freecats-dev

[Freecats-Dev] Free CATS found an available developer :-)

From: Kemper DOC (Nerim)
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Free CATS found an available developer :-)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:51:16 +0200

Hi all,

Well, all of us kept silent for a while now, but at last here comes the good
news.

Marylin, whose public relations skills are unbeatable ;-) happened to meet
Tim, who happens to be an experienced developer presently living in
Brittany, and who kindly proposed to help us on Free CATS project.

Tim, Julien, Marylin, Bertrand (hopefully) and I will come from both ends of
Brittany in order to have a meeting at Kemper DOC's premises Friday, June 27
at 14:00, local (French) time (see address below - our corporate Web site
includes a map).

I strongly hope some more people can come in and participate, especially
software experts from ENSTB.

The program:

- quick demo of existing proprietary CAT software (Trados)
- overview of features
- and... a GPL-based TM server

And, as a good news seldom comes alone, Yves Champollion, Wordfast's
developer, promised to make Wordfast a client of Free CATS server (and also
to have a quick look at our proposed API in order to check nothing was
forgotten).

Please, all Bretons from the list (and the other ones), let me know who can
come.

Best regards,

Henri Chorand
Manager

Kemper DOC   Documentation Engineering
Documentation - Translation - Localization - Referencing

12 impasse Le Roux - 29000 Quimper - France
Web   www.kemperdoc.com
Tel. +33 298 533 482
Fax  +33 298 533 761