[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Freefont-bugs] FreeSerif.ttf on RedHat 7.3 - corrupted characters

From: Josef W. Segur
Subject: Re: [Freefont-bugs] FreeSerif.ttf on RedHat 7.3 - corrupted characters
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 14:03:34 -0400

On 14 May 02, at 11:25, Primoz wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 2002, Josef W. Segur wrote:
> > ...
> > I've spent some time comparing various information in the fonts, but have
> > not yet found anything which should cause this kind of problem.
> I didn't have time to do any exhaustive testing. It looks like some
> corrupt table, but I haven't investigate yet. I noticed though that George
> Williams implemented some other corrections (apart from the Panose field)
> in the last edition of PfaEdit, so I installed it and re-generated the
> TrueType fonts. They are on <>,
> if anybody is willing to test.

The 14 May versions of FreeSans, FreeSansBold, FreeSerif, and 
FreeSerifBold still give the same problems on Windows 95. The other
eight fonts still work well.

I've found one good correlation; the four fonts which give problems
have a .notdef glyph with no contours, the eight fonts which work
well all have the usual 'empty box' shape for that glyph. I don't
know if importing that would fix the Windows problem, but it seems
worth trying.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]