freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Re: dump to file

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: dump to file
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:53:09 -0800

Albert Chu <address@hidden> writes:

>> Lets pass file descriptor. If some one wants stream, he can pass
>> fileno (stderr) otherwise just 2 or DEBUG_DEFAULT_FILE (macro for 2)
>
> Hmmm, dprintf isn't very portable though.  That sort of scares me ...
>
> I suppose we could just make a snprintf/write wrapper thouogh ...

If we have to use snprintf, we can use streams as well. Reason for
using file descriptor is to depend on lower level calls like
read/write than printf/scanf.

It is OK to use streams for now. Our immediate goal is to add as much as
functionalities possible. If we have a compelling reason to go back to
file descriptor, We can do a code cleanup just before the official
release.

>> Lets have the prefix string. If prefix is NULL, then ignore the " :
>> " as well.
>
> Yup, that's what the code does :-)  (or is atleast supposed to do) ..

Perfect!

--
 _.|_
(_||_)