freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] compile flags

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] compile flags
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:13:57 -0800

Albert Chu <address@hidden> writes:
>Hmmm, perhaps there should be two dump options, similar to what you had
>earlier with your rmcp_asf_display function.  A verbose option and a
>non-verbose option.  Because we may want to have users dump the actual
>hex to a file.  We may find hidden endian problems that way.

It is best to write the raw dump to a file and write analyzers
around it (external tool as a subproject). This tool can help us view
and analyze the dump. It can also give helpful hints about where and
what looks mischievous.

Dump should include both rq and rs. Because we can match the seq_num
and decide what type the rs is.

--
Anand Babu
CaliforniaDigital.com