freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Sensors incorrect assumption about discrete sensors

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Sensors incorrect assumption about discrete sensors
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:15:47 -0800

It seems my "fix" of ipmi_sensor_classify was only half a fix.  Fish's
sensors code incorrectly assumes that a "discrete sensor" has an
event/reading type code of 0x6Fh.  Thus, it always interprets states
based on the the sensor specific data (table 36-3 of the IPMI spec).
Instead it should check the event/reading type code first, to make sure
it is 0x6Fh.  If it isn't 0x6F, then it should be using the generic
sensor data (table 36-2).

I think this only affects 1 sensor, Power Unit Redund, on Tiger4.  So
I'm not too hung up delaying Alpha5-Qa1 for this bug.  But I think its
something that should be fixed soon.

Al

--
Albert Chu