freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Useless bmc-config parameters?

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Useless bmc-config parameters?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:26:06 -0800

I'm writing up a doc for bmc-config so that the average Joe will know
what these fields mean.

After looking into it a bit, the fields "Lan_Eanble_Link_Auth" and
"Lan_Enable_Restrict_To_Callback" don't seem to make much sense.  My
understanding is these fields are specific for serial/modem channels.
So even though they are available to be modified under the "Set User
Access Command", I think they are pretty useless when configuring an Lan
channel.  Perhaps we should get rid of it??

If I'm not understanding something, just let me know.

Al

--
Albert Chu
address@hidden