freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] ipmi_lan_open_session

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi_lan_open_session
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:19:54 -0800

Hi Bala,

I just noticed in ipmi_lan_open_session you changed:

u_int8_t *auth_code_data, u_int32_t auth_code_data_len

char *password

In FreeIPMI 0.1.0 I made the library use auth_code_data &
auth_code_data_len throughout b/c passwords need not be strings.  They
can be hashed keys, and thus the hashed keys may have NUL characters in
them.

Could you put it back to the way it was before?  Or if the decision has
been made to always assume string passwords for the library, then the
change should be propogated everywhere else.

Thanks,
Al

--
Albert Chu