freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi-discovery

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi-discovery
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:10:15 -0700

Hi Vijay,

You're working off quite an old version of ipmi-ping.  What version is
this so I can do a test build?

Also, you might also want to send a Makefile patch, since pthreads are
not compiled in by default.

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 14:34 -0700, vijay v wrote:
> Confusion :
> do we need a single tool that does ping as well as discovery ?

My opinion is no.  They should be different tools.

> 1) timeout should be implemented for discovery and the select wait
> time should be split accordingly ?
> 2) interval should be between the time between each ping of
> destination
> 3) count as in ipmi-ping.

I would try and model the options, output, behavior, etc. off of fping:

http://www.fping.com/

Of course a number of options, features, etc. won't carry over.  You may
be able to borrow code from fping too??

Al