freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Fujitsu Patches for ipmi-oem

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Fujitsu Patches for ipmi-oem
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:45:46 -0800

Hey Holger,

Accepted with some mods:

>    else if (source ==
> IPMI_OEM_FUJITSU_POWER_OFF_SOURCE_POWERED_OFF_BY_REMOTE_CONTROL_VIA_REMOTE_MANAGER)
> -    snprintf (str, IPMI_OEM_STR_BUFLEN, "Powered off by remote control via
> remote manager");
> +    snprintf (str, IPMI_OEM_STR_BUFLEN, "Powered off by remote control via
> Remote Manager");

There were several other "remote manager" strings for get power on/off.
I assume those should also be capitalized?  I went ahead and capitalized
all of them.  LMK if that shouldn't be done.

You modified alot of the firmware version output, I guess b/c a lot of
the public documentation is wrong.  I replaced all your %d's with %u's,
b/c I assume they are unsigned.

I also added and/or modified lines w/ these comments.  Are they all
correct?

   * 0x?? - minor fw revision - binary - 2 char field coded (HLiebig: listed
incorrectly as BCD in doc)
   * 0x?? - major sdrr revision - binary coded (HLiebig: listed incorrectly as
BCD in doc)
   * 0x?? - sdrr-ID (lsb) - hex coded (HLiebig: listed incorrectly as binary in
doc)
   * 0x?? - sdrr-ID (msb) - hex coded (HLiebig: listed incorrectly as binary in
doc)
   * 0x?? - minor booter revision - binary - 2 char field coded (HLiebig:
listed incorrectly as BCD in doc)
  /* HLiebig: minor_firmware_revision listed incorrectly as BCD in doc */
  /* HLiebig: major_sdrr_revision listed incorrectly as BCD in doc */
  /* HLiebig: sdrr_id listed incorrectly as binary in doc */
  /* HLiebig: minor_booter_revision listed incorrectly as BCD in doc */

These (along w/ the dcmi issue we discussed in the other thread) are in
the new beta:

http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/freeipmi/qa-release/freeipmi-0.8.2.beta6.tar.gz

Al