freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] in need of guidance...

From: Arnaud Quette
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] in need of guidance...
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:19:39 +0200

Hi Al,

2011/6/28 Albert Chu <address@hidden>
On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 02:28 -0700, Arnaud Quette wrote:
(...)
> I'm *very* interested in!
> this could even serve as a simple example, shipped in the examples/
> directory.

Unfortunately, it will require knowledge of the IPMI
protocol/specification, which makes it difficult (and why I probably
never bothered with an example).

Everything is in the ipmi-fru and ipmi-sensors tools, however I imagine
a lot of the options, permutations of things, IPMI spec details, etc. is
what's making it confusing.

Give me some time, and I'll try to "whittle" the ipmi-fru and
ipmi-sensors tools into a far simpler example that can give you a basis
for what you're trying to accomplish.

sure, thanks a lot for your much appreciated proposition.
since I have some hard deadlines, do you have any approximate idea on when you'd be able to release this?

One question, are you looking to monitor the PSU's inband or outofband?
That's another way I can whittle down the code.

inband is the priority, so this should help a bit, as far as I understood.

thanks again,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com