freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [SPAM] - RE: Retrieving BIOS information via IPMI -

From: Vinny Vallarine
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [SPAM] - RE: Retrieving BIOS information via IPMI - Email found in subject
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 12:47:16 -0500

Ah, figured that was it initially but tried it using the wrong window (running
a different tool) and -l was not recognized.   Sorry!

In either case:

./bmc-info -l ADMIN -h 192.168.123.72 -u ADMIN -p ADMIN --get-system-info
./bmc-info -l OPERATOR -h 192.168.123.72 -u ADMIN -p ADMIN --get-system-info
./bmc-info -l USER  -h 192.168.123.72 -u ADMIN -p ADMIN --get-system-info

all return
"ipmi_cmd_get_system_info_parameters_system_firmware_version_first_set:
privilege level insufficient"

I've found this post:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freeipmi-devel/2011-11/msg00008.html

does this ring any bells?  My IPMI firmware is 2.34 and freeipmi package is at
rev 1.3.4 so much latter then the rev mentioned in the article.

Thanks,

Vinny