freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: inter

From: Sohan Chowdary Kollu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: internal error
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 11:43:43 -0700

I am using 1.5.5 version.

Below are the packet details along with errors. Except for the 3rd scenario all other errors are very frequent

1)

Failed right away (first sdr request in the trace)

 Get SDR Repository Info Request

KCS Header:

------------

[               0h] = lun[ 2b]

[               Ah] = net_fn[ 6b]

IPMI Command Data:

------------------

[              20h] = cmd[ 8b]

(ipmi_monitoring_sdr_cache.c, ipmi_monitoring_sdr_cache_load, 314): ipmi_sdr_cache_open: internal IPMI error

ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: internal error

2)

a) Failed right away (first sdr request in the trace)

Get SDR Repository Info Request

KCS Header:

------------

[               0h] = lun[ 2b]

[               Ah] = net_fn[ 6b]

IPMI Command Data:

------------------

[              20h] = cmd[ 8b]

(ipmi_monitoring_sdr_cache.c, _ipmi_monitoring_sdr_cache_retrieve, 223): ipmi_sdr_cache_create: internal IPMI error

ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: internal error

b) Failed after going though some sdr requests

Get SDR Request

KCS Header:

------------

[               0h] = lun[ 2b]

[               Ah] = net_fn[ 6b]

IPMI Command Data:

------------------

[              23h] = cmd[ 8b]

[            8820h] = reservation_id[16b]

[              82h] = record_id[16b]

[              25h] = offset_into_record[ 8b]

[              10h] = bytes_to_read[ 8b]

(ipmi_monitoring_sdr_cache.c, _ipmi_monitoring_sdr_cache_retrieve, 223): ipmi_sdr_cache_create: internal IPMI error

ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: internal error

3)

Failed right away (first sdr request in the trace). Seen this only twice

Get SDR Repository Info Request

KCS Header:

------------

[               0h] = lun[ 2b]

[               Ah] = net_fn[ 6b]

IPMI Command Data:

------------------

[              20h] = cmd[ 8b]

(ipmi_monitoring_sdr_cache.c, ipmi_monitoring_sdr_cache_load, 336): ipmi_sdr_cache_open: internal IPMI error

ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: internal error

4)

a) Failed at Reading Request

Get Sensor Reading Request

KCS Header:

------------

[               0h] = lun[ 2b]

[               4h] = net_fn[ 6b]

IPMI Command Data:

------------------

[              2Dh] = cmd[ 8b]

[              B0h] = sensor_number[ 8b]

(ipmi_monitoring_sensor_reading.c, _get_sensor_reading, 356): ipmi_sensor_read: internal IPMI error

(ipmi_monitoring.c, _ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id, 1449): ipmi_sdr_cache_iterate: error returned in callback

ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: internal error

b) Failed at Reading Response

Get Sensor Reading Request

KCS Header:

------------

[               0h] = lun[ 2b]

[               4h] = net_fn[ 6b]

IPMI Command Data:

------------------

[              2Dh] = cmd[ 8b]

[              90h] = sensor_number[ 8b]

Get Sensor Reading Response

KCS Header:

[               0h] = lun[ 2b]

[               5h] = net_fn[ 6b]

IPMI Command Data:

[               0h] = cmd[ 8b]

(ipmi_monitoring_sensor_reading.c, _get_sensor_reading, 356): ipmi_sensor_read: internal IPMI error

(ipmi_monitoring.c, _ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id, 1449): ipmi_sdr_cache_iterate: error returned in callback

ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: internal error

Thanks