freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan 2881 SMDC Card Setup

From: Dennis Cartier
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan 2881 SMDC Card Setup
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:11:35 -0500

Well, I was finally able to get this working on the 2881.
Unfortunately I am not 100% certain of what the fix was. I think that
the 1.74 firmware version as shipped on the Tyan CD was not identical
to the 1.74 firmware version as linked from the how-to on the list. I
tried to use the CD version as the systems I have, have no floppy
drives, but once I removed the IPMI card and tried it from a system
with a floppy drive, I was able to flash it and get rid of the

I also noticed that you have to use the Broadcom utility to set the IP
rather than the util.exe like the 2882 systems use. Once this was
done, the 2881 units are working with FreeIPMI.

Dennis