freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_inband no such device on Ibm e325

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_inband no such device on Ibm e325
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:34:03 -0800

Hey Rene,

I remember that thread.  The IBM lancfg utility should be fine.  What we
found was that there was a bug in the IBM IPMI firmware.  So I had to
write a workaround in 'ipmipower' to work around the problem (the
--force-permsg-auth flag) [1].  I don't believe the problem should exist
in the other FreeIPMI over-LAN tools.  Please let us know if there are
problems though.

Al

[1] - That does remind me though, I need to re-harass IBM about this bug :-)

--
Albert Chu
address@hidden