freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi to X4150/X4450

From: Shuichi Ihara
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi to X4150/X4450
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:42:51 +0900

Hi Al,

Al Chu wrote:
> Hey Ihara,
>
>> # ipmi-fru -h 10.173.69.39  -u root -p changeme  -W "authcap"
>> -snip-
>>   FRU Get FRU Inventory Area Failure: bad completion code: request
>> data/parameter invalid
>>
>>   FRU Get FRU Inventory Area Failure: bad completion code: request
>> data/parameter invalid
>> -snip-
>
> Well, the board is responding to my request with a completion code of
> 0xCB == "Requested sensor, data, or record not present" (which maps to
> the libfreeipmi more generic "request/data parameter invalid").  As far
> as I can tell, the data in my request packet is correct.
>
> This seems to be FRU information for 2 power supplies.  Are any other
> software correctly reading/outputting the power supply FRU information
> correctly?  Perhaps ipmitool?

I just tried the ipmitool to elom. An attached is output of ipmitool with "fru".
As you mentioned, these information are from PSU, but it seems the ipmi feature
doesn't
work correctly and couldn't get information from these device.

Also, I attached ipmi-fru output (without --debug), but I can't find MAC
address information
from this output.

Thanks,
-Ihara
FRU Inventory Device ID: 0x01

  Chassis Info Area Type: Rack Mount Chassis
  FRU Chassis Part Number: FAS93002010 (540-7378-03)
  FRU Chassis Serial Number: 0814QAC036

  FRU Product Manufacturer Name: Sun Microsystems
  FRU Product Product Name: Sun Fire X4450
  FRU Product Part/Model Number: 602-4065-01
  FRU Product Serial Number: 2029QTF0811
  FRU Product FRU File ID: 0x00

FRU Inventory Device ID: 0x28

  FRU Product Manufacturer Name: Intel
  FRU Product Product Name: DUAL PORT GIGABIT NIC
  FRU Product Part/Model Number: ESB2
  FRU Product Serial Number:
  FRU Product FRU File ID: 0x00

FRU Inventory Device ID: 0x29

  FRU Product Manufacturer Name: Intel
  FRU Product Product Name: DUAL PORT GIGABIT NIC
  FRU Product Part/Model Number: 82571EB
  FRU Product Serial Number:
  FRU Product FRU File ID: 0x00

  FRU Get FRU Inventory Area Failure: bad completion code: request
data/parameter invalid

  FRU Get FRU Inventory Area Failure: bad completion code: request
data/parameter invalid

FRU Device Description : Builtin FRU Device (ID 0)
 Device not present (Requested sensor, data, or record not found)

FRU Device Description : Mainboard (ID 1)
 Chassis Type          : Rack Mount Chassis
 Chassis Part Number   : FAS93002010 (540-7378-03)
 Chassis Serial        : 0814QAC036
 Board Product         : S93
 Board Serial          : 2029QTF0811
 Board Part Number     : 21S93MA0000 (540-7381-01)
 Product Manufacturer  : Sun Microsystems
 Product Name          : Sun Fire X4450
 Product Part Number   : 602-4065-01
 Product Serial        : 2029QTF0811

FRU Device Description : Nic 0 (ID 40)
 Product Manufacturer  : Intel
 Product Name          : DUAL PORT GIGABIT NIC
 Product Part Number   : ESB2
 Product Serial        :
 Product Extra         : 00:1E:68:1E:30:C2
 Product Extra         : 00:1E:68:1E:30:C3

FRU Device Description : Nic 1 (ID 41)
 Product Manufacturer  : Intel
 Product Name          : DUAL PORT GIGABIT NIC
 Product Part Number   : 82571EB
 Product Serial        :
 Product Extra         : 00:1E:68:1E:30:C4
 Product Extra         : 00:1E:68:1E:30:C5

FRU Device Description : PDB (ID 2)
 Unknown FRU header version 0x08

FRU Device Description : Fan board 0 (ID 3)
 Unknown FRU header version 0x08

FRU Device Description : Fan board 1 (ID 4)
 Unknown FRU header version 0x08

FRU Device Description : Disk board (ID 5)
 Unknown FRU header version 0x08

FRU Device Description : Power Supply 0 (ID 6)
 Device not present (Requested sensor, data, or record not found)

FRU Device Description : Power Supply 1 (ID 7)
 Device not present (Requested sensor, data, or record not found)