freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] Mixed assertion/deassertion problems on Sun X4150

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Mixed assertion/deassertion problems on Sun X4150
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:40:54 -0700

Hi Rob,

Argh!  I was afraid some vendor would do something like this eventually.
Having the same "style" sensors report states/events in non-consistent
manners.  I will have to think of a way to deal with this in the future.
As for your question ...

> I've been trying to figure if I can get ipmimonitoring to simply not
> report some sensors (e.g the PS*/*_FAULT) ones above - but can't
> figure how to do this. Is it possible?

There is a --groups and --sensors option for ipmimonitoring where you
can specifically list which sensors/groups you want to see.  You can
configure the default list of groups into the freeipmi.conf file to make
it default to a certain output if that makes things easier for you [1].

Unfortunately, these are "show me this stuff" options, not "exclude this
stuff" options.  So you'll have to list all the groups/sensors you want.

Longer term (it's now on my TODO), it might be good if I create a
"--exclude-groups" and "--exclude-sensors" options, that can eliminate
sensors to list.

Hope that answers your question.  And thanks for e-mailing about this.
Now I see a new good option I should put into ipmi-sensors and
ipmimonitoring.

Al

[1] There's a typo in the freeipmi.conf file that'll be fixed soon.  You
separate groups by spaces, not commas.

--
Albert Chu
address@hidden