freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] How do I use ipmi-sensors-config output (from remot

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] How do I use ipmi-sensors-config output (from remote server) with check_ipmi_sensors plugin in nagios?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:36:07 -0700

Hi Brandon,

I assume you're using this nagios plugin:

http://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/oss/ipmi-plugin.html

There is probably some confusion.  The -f option (you list as -F below,
I assume you mean -f) is the general FreeIPMI conf file
(usually /etc/freeipmi/freeipmi.conf).  It's not the config file from
ipmi-sensors-config.

To deal with your problem, most users configure the script to eliminate
sensors they don't want to monitor.  It appears the check_ipmi_sensor
script has a -x option to remove sensors they don't want to monitor.
When calling ipmi-sensors directly, the option is the -R option.

Hope that helps,
Al