freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] Change IPMI UDP Port

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Change IPMI UDP Port
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:17:31 -0700

Hi Florian,

Most motherboards have it hardcoded to 623 in firmware, however there
could be exceptions based on the motherboard developer (I don't know of
any though).

I've heard of some users setting up some type of port forwarding that
allows them to get around this.  An alternate port can be specified in
FreeIPMI tools via a ":", so like

ipmi-sensors -h myhost:8123 -u user -p password

if you can get this scenario setup.

Hope that helps,

Al