freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] SDR cache invalid on Fujitsu RX300/200-S8

From: Matthias Votisky
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] SDR cache invalid on Fujitsu RX300/200-S8
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 09:05:54 +0100

Hi Al,

i can confirm that this fix/patch works fine on our Fujitsu servers!

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

Matthias

Albert Chu schrieb am 2013-11-14 11:00:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I think I have a fix in already, it was pretty trivial todo.  You can
> try it out with:
>
> svn co svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/freeipmi/branches/Release-1_3_0 freeipmi
> cd freeipmi
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
> ipmi-sensors/ipmi-sensors
>
> If the autogen.sh doesn't work, I can put up a tar.gz.
>
> Al
>
> On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 07:24 -0800, Albert Chu wrote:
> > Hi Matthias,
> >
> > I had to add a workaround on some Fujitsu servers awhile back b/c there was
> > a bug on those systems (originally found on Fujitsu RX 100).  The bug was
> > that the Fujitsu server reported the incorrect number of SDR records than
> > actually existed.
> >
> > It seems this bug exists on your server (as indicated by the 208 out of
> > 277), so I have a decent guess what happeened.  In FreeIPMI 1.3, I added
> > checksums into the SDR cache to protect against cache corruption (e.g. disk
> > errors).  However, it seems this does not account for the Fujitsu
> > workaround, so I think some of the checksum calculations are off.  I think
> > it's a pretty easy fix.
> >
> > Could you run ipmi-sensors w/ --debug and send me the output?  If you're
> > building from source, running "configure --enable-debug --enable-trace"
> > would give me even more information.
> >
> > Another thing you can try is to try FreeIPMI version 1.2.9 and see if the
> > problem goes away.  If it works with 1.2.9 that would almost certainly mean
> > I'm not handling the checksum case w/ the Fujitsu workaround correctly.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Al
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM, Matthias Votisky <
> > address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > I want to monitor our Fujitsu servers (RX300/RX200-S8) with free-ipmi but
> > > i get a "SDR cache invalid" error message whenever i run "ipmi-sensors":
> > >
> > > Caching SDR repository information: /root/.freeipmi/sdr-cache/...
> > > Caching SDR record 208 ot 277 (current record ID 277)
> > > ipmi_sdr_cache_open: /root/.freeipmi/sdr-cache/...: SDR cache invalid
> > >
> > > The strange thing is that it works fine on Fujitsu RX300-S7 servers...
> > >
> > > We run a stripped down Debian with Kernel 2.6.24 and free-ipmi 1.3.1
> > > (i also tried version 1.3.3).
> > >
> > > Thx for any help,
> > >
> > > Matthias

> --
> Albert Chu
> address@hidden
> Computer Scientist
> High Performance Systems Division

Matthias Votisky

Entwicklung Client- & Netzwerksicherheit
Geschäftsbereich Public Sector
secunet Security Networks AG
Ammonstr. 74
D-01067 Dresden, Germany
Telefon +49 201 54 54-3654
Telefax +49 201 54 54-1323
address@hidden
www.secunet.com

Registered at: Kronprinzenstraße 30, 45128 Essen, Deutschland
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 13615
Management Board: Dr Rainer Baumgart (CEO), Willem Bulthuis, Thomas
Pleines
Chairman of Supervisory Board: Dr Karsten Ottenberg