freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] bmc-config -o not dumping the whole config

From: Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] bmc-config -o not dumping the whole config
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 01:01:52 +0100

I was just about to respond to my own message that I tested both old and new freeipmi versions on old and new install and found that on centos 5 things work fine regardless of freeipmi version and on centos 6 things don't work also regardless of the freeipmi version pointing to the OS as the culprit.

After reading the FAQ entry I installed OpenIPMI to get the init script, started it to get /dev/ipmi0 and now bmc-config works as expected. Not an ideal situation I agree.

Thanks for the pointer this helped me a lot!

Regards,
  Dennis