freeipmi-users

[Freeipmi-users] Detect ipmi support for a board

From: Joan
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Detect ipmi support for a board
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:16:28 +0100

Hi, I've been using ipmi-sensors on several server servers to monitor
hardware issues, I would like to extend the usage to all of our
physical servers but I've found out that on serveral I can't load the
modules, and after looking into the documentation I've found out that
those models doesn't have an ipmi controller.
Is there an easy way to detect if there is ipmi support on a server?

So far I am guessing the machines with ipmi support by loading
ipmi_si, but it's slow and loading modules can be troubling sometimes,
so, is there any other way to do it?

Regards,

Joan