freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] IPMI-DCMI Q

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] IPMI-DCMI Q
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:24:45 -0700

Hi Dan,

I've personally never tried that packet session-less so I'm not sure
about support in general.

Here's an idea, ipmi-ping is based on get authentication capabilities
session-less/un-authenticated.  Perhaps options could be added to try
alternate un-authenticated packets?  Off the top of my head, I remember
one of the "get device id" or "get device guid" is also supposed to
support unauthenticated.  I've never tried that one session-less before
either.

Looking through the code, I might have to tweak it a bit to support
other packets, and some hackery would have to be done to maintain
backwards support with the -r option, but should be very doable.

Al