freeon-users

[Freeon-users] cross-compile?

From: Jeff Hammond
Subject: [Freeon-users] cross-compile?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 02:11:29 -0600

I am trying to build FreeON on BlueGene/P.  The front-end is PPC64 and
the back-end is PPC32 with extra instructions.  Hence, when configure
attempts to execute back-end code on the front-end, it fails due to
illegal instructions in the F77 test code.  The config.log is
attached.

Usually --host=powerpc-bgp-linux fixes the cross-compile issue in
configure.  Using PPC32 emulation on the front-end did not help,
either in configure or with the isolated F77 test code build and
execution.  I am configuring as follows.

./configure FC=mpixlf95_r F77=mpixlf77_r CC=mpixlc_r
--prefix=/home/jhammond/FreeON/freeon-1.0-alpha-2010-01-14-build
--host=powerpc-bgp-linux --enable-MPI

If you need/want machine-access, it can be arranged.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond