freepooma-devel

Re: Our progress

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Re: Our progress
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:50:16 -0800

--On Thursday, March 21, 2002 11:29:38 PM -0700 John Hall <address@hidden> wrote:

Gang:
I just thought I would tell you about our status in our unfunded
migration to the head version of Pooma R2. We are there.

That's great; I'm glad there haven't been any major problems.

In some other news, Jean Marshall has just gotten a job with Embarcadero
Technologies, the makers of Describe (formerly GDPro) and she will be
leaving the lab by either retirement or entreprenurial leave. Don

Wow, everyone is scattering.  Do you have new email address for Jean
and Dave?

Please extend our best wishes to all of the R2 users -- including yourself
of course -- in your various new careers.

Does anyone know the status of gcc/mpi/smarts/mm... on the new unix based
Mac OS-X. Can I prototype parallel code on my G4 powerbook? This would go
a long ways toward my getting the new version of our code running in
parallel. Everything to this point has been CodeWarrior in serial on a
mac and a PC.

I have a MacOS X box -- but I haven't booted it up in about a year, so
I really have no idea as to the current state of the GNU tools there.
I do know that Apple has a large and proficient compiler group, and that
they're working on a variety of projects, but I don't know the details.

Yours,

--
Mark Mitchell                   address@hidden