freesci-develop

Re: [freesci-develop] MorphOS port

From: Ruediger Hanke
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] MorphOS port
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 21:59:58 +0100

> > and I would like to ask if it would
> > be ok for the developers to merge the changes into CVS so that maintenance
> > of the port would be easier for me (just configure/make instead of
> > reapplying all changes with each new version) ...
>
> Yes, this would be better for everyone involved.

I've e-mailed you the diffs plus the new source file for the midi
driver. Have a look at it please.

There's one thing I'm not sure of whether it's ok, I'm using getopt.c from
the win32 directory for the getopt stuff. My compiler complains about a
wrong prototype for strncmp() (last parameter is size_t not int). I did
change this in order to get it compiled, I'm not sure whether this is ok
for Windows as well or whether it really needs an int there ...

> > It's using SDL, so there are very very few changes, most of them related to
> > file/directory stuff, like, path of the config file. Also, (at least in the
> > 0.3.3
> > sources I used) it is assumed that "." and ".." stand for current/parent
> > directory
> > which is not true for MorphOS so it would be nice if these may become
> > preprocessor symbols.
>
> Agreed. Will these be part of your patch/modified version? If not, what are
> the
> names of the current and previous directory in MorphOS?

I have tried to do this, I have introduced some constants in resource.h -
I tried to name them similar to the dir separator constant for consistency.
See if you think it's ok.

Last thing is, it would be nice if you could update the config.guess and
config.sub scripts to those from:
 ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/
because the old FreeSCI ones do not know about MorphOS.

This is just for the main branch, not the glutton branch. Should I do
some for glutton as well?

RĂ¼diger