freesci-develop

Re: [freesci-develop] glutton gfx subsystem

From: Lars Skovlund
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] glutton gfx subsystem
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:14:20 +0100

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 07:50:06PM -0800, Matt wrote:

> <jameson>
> HOWEVER, I'm not sure how text and primitives drawn by Graph()
>           handle their colours. You'll have to ask Lars about that.
> --
>
> Lars, care to comment re: text and Graph()?

Sure. As in SCI0, Graph() and other functions accept color
indices. The usual approach is to load a system palette at startup and
ask the interpreter for the indices of such colors (actually, I think
that 999.PAL is loaded automatically by the interpreter). Later
versions of SCI (SCI1.1 and SCI32) allow you to embed special tags in
the text to alter the text attributes in the middle of a string.

Lars