freesci-develop

Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI stable test results (pt 2)

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI stable test results (pt 2)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 02:11:13 -0700

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 12:56:09PM -0800, Hugues Valois wrote:
> Leisure Suit Larry II v1.002 int#0.000.409
>
> I completed the game (479/500pts).  No issues found!
>
> The only thing noteworthy was this warning, which showed up around the time
> larry gets sand kicked on him by the guy on the beach (right after the
> lifeboat scene).
>
> GFX Warning: \freesci\src\gfx\operations.c, L1895:Attempt to verify
> loop/cel values for invalid view 0

  That one's fine. SCI games have lots of little issues like that; we could
ignore them but decide to keep in debug messages to keep us informed.

> I could not reproduce bug 391 or 421.

  Both may be game/interpreter version specific.  Can anyone else here
reproduce them?

[...]

  #2792.  Most likely, something's not getting added to the control map
(that's what the vast majority of collision tests is based on.)

> The following 2 are SCI01, which I realize are unsupported on stable. I
> figured I'd let you know anyway, since I had not seen mention of MUMG being
> playable before.  I might test it on glutton later if I have time.
>

> Mixed-Up Mother Goose v1.011 Int.#8.2.90 (3.5 floppy disks)
>
> Could not determine interpreter version; hash code AA2C94B9.
> Emulating SCI version 0.000.685

That'll go into the Glutton games.h.

> Game is generally playable.  I was able to return a few lost items
> successfully.
>
> There are sprite problems when people tell the player what they have lost.
> What happens is that the item text appears in bubble, then picture appears
> on top of text, then bubble and picture disappear but the text never
> disappears.

  Not sure if this is related to the savegame bug Walter pointed out.

[...]

> King's Quest I v1.000.051
>
> Game freezes (just like in Mixed-Up Mother Goose) when falling into the
> river in front of castle

  That game has some odd freezing issue in general, at least in Stable
(haven't tested it in Glutton recently.)

-- Christoph