freesci-develop

RE: [freesci-develop] r1524 - in freesci/trunk: . src src/dcsrc/gfx/driv

From: Hugues Valois
Subject: RE: [freesci-develop] r1524 - in freesci/trunk: . src src/dcsrc/gfx/drivers src/include src/win32
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 20:10:01 -0800

Hello Alex,

I have tested these latest DirectX changes, and it's an improvement, but there are still significant problems, at least with my setup.

The results vary depending on the resolution I am using. Some resolutions the cursor is correct, others it is garbage pixels. I have been testing with SQ3, starting the game directly without the game selection screen. I have tested with various resolutions between 800x600 and 1920x1200, in widescreen and regular resolutions.

Whenever the cursor is correct, I can usually play. But there is always a problem with a portion of the screen missing at the bottom. The amount of missing vertical pixels varies, sometimes it is enough to cut off the input box. Additionally, when I quit the game, FreeSCI crashes.

Whenever the cursor is garbage, FreeSCI usually crashes pretty early on.

Note that this is all without specifying any scaling in the config file. If I try to specify scale=2, then it never works right. I have a feeling this is not yet supported, but I thought I would try it out.

Without any scaling in the config file, it usually tries to go fullscreen, but I always see a title bar and window borders.

Let me know if you need details on specific scenarios.

bye,
hugues