freesnell-discuss

[FreeSnell-discuss] some issues with scm

From: Rajan Gurjar
Subject: [FreeSnell-discuss] some issues with scm
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 22:26:46 -0500

Hello Mr. Jaffer,
Thank you for this software. Hope I can use it to design substrates. Appreciate your efforts!

I tried installing the software using the procedure listed on the web for GNU/linux machine (but not using the RPM - mine is Debian).
First I do not find the executable scm in the directory FreeSnell. Instead i find nk.scm.
It is I think linked to nk in the usr\bin. Not sure if I need to run this to execute the program.

Instead I cd to /scm and there I found the scm executable. I ran it and decided to load dielectric.
At the command (dielectric) it tries to print the profile but there is some permission issue. I had the same permission issue during install and I just ran the install code using sudo.

When I do "sudo scm" I get all the generated plots. So I guess everything is running fine but please let me know if I am following the procedure right. Should I be running the executable from a specific directory? Do I have to go into superuser mode to run the executable every time?

Thanks