freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] [Patch] bind keys

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] [Patch] bind keys
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 06:52:11 -0700

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 07:24:17PM +0200, Matthias Quasthoff wrote:
,----
| Hi all,
|
| I was missing a simple way of displaying the current roster status
| while composing a new instant message in freetalk. I thought it
| might be handy assigning arbitrary commands to some keys like
| ctrl+something. I added a new scheme function ft-bind-key. Currently
| I make use of it via
|
| (ft-bind-key 8 "(/who 0)")
|
| displaying the roster by pressing ctrl+h without interrupting
| composition of new messages or commands. If you like the patch, here
| it is :-) If you'd rather like to see some improvements, I'd like to
| know.
`----

I wanted such a feature for long. It works nicely.

Here are my suggestions:

* Let the user add his own key bindings. Remove your line from
  roster.scm. Add them to default generated ~/.freetalk/freetalk.scm
  and comment them out.

* (ft-bind-key 8 "(/who 0)")
  should be
  (ft-bind-key 8 "(/who \"\")")

* Add documentation in freetalk.texi

* It will be nice to accept other prefixes too other than just C-. But
  this is better than having nothing.

* (ft-bind-to-ctrl-key #\h "SCM-CODE")
  is more readable.

BTW, Vikas will upload jingle version today for testing. He will also
update repository access details on the web site. Les us continue to
maintain loudmouth version till jingle version becomes stable. But
mostly bug fixes and minor tweaks.

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31