Re: ftraster.c patch?

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: ftraster.c patch?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:52:59 +0100

At 6:17 PM +0000 15-01-2000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> 1) define prototypes for the FT_Raster_* functions
>>
>> --or--
>>
>> 2) define prototypes for the FT_Raster_* functions and declare the
>> ft_default_raster struct in someplace else than ftobjs.h
>>
>> --or--
>>
>> 3) declare ft_default_raster in someplace else than ftobjs.h, but define
>> the FT_Raster_* funcs as static
>
>What's your preference?  The ftraster.h you've sent once to the list?

That's how I use it now, so that would be easiest for me... Not that in
that case ftraster.c should include ftraster.h instead of ftimage.h (which
in turn is included by my ftraster.h). In my original mail I wrote that I
thought ftraster.h should live in src/base/, but that was before I
understood the new directory structure. It's a public include after all, so
it might as well go into include/.

>Apparently, you are the only user of ftraster in stand-alone mode, so
>we are more than willing to listen to you.

Heh... Wait until others discover it's power...

>I can check in ftraster.h quite easily...

That would be excellent. (Admittedly, I didn't try very hard to follow FT's
coding conventions, so maybe you'd need to clean it up slightly?)

While you're at it ;-), I have another minor cleanup patch for ftraster.c
(includes the ftraster.h include change):

RCS file: /cvsroot/freetype2/src/base/ftraster.c,v
retrieving revision 1.7
diff -r1.7 ftraster.c
56c56
< #include <ftimage.h>
---
> #include <ftraster.h>
2241,2243c2241,2244
<   int  FT_Decompose_Outline( FT_Outline*        outline,
<                              FT_Outline_Funcs*  interface,
<                              void*              user )
---
>   static int
>   FT_Decompose_Outline( FT_Outline*        outline,
>                         FT_Outline_Funcs*  interface,
>                         void*              user )

(The FT_Decompose_Outline routine supplied for standalone use has no
prototype, and doesn't seem to be of interest to clients, so I thought it
might as well be static. This change makes ftraster.c compile in standalone
mode without any warnings.)

Thanks,

Just