Re: GPOS support available!

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: GPOS support available!
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:46:23 -0500

I hope this isn't totally offtopic:

how are ligatures supposed to be done with FT ?
Am I right in imagining it like the API for kerning,
i.e. I call a function with a string of characters
and the function returns either a glyph for the whole
string (so that ligatures are being counted for already)
or return a list of glyphs. For example I call

list<glyph> layout(list<character>);

where the input list<character> is 'O','f','f','i','c','e';
and the return list<glyph> is 'O','ffi','c','e';
Well, you get the point...

Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique