Re: glnames.py (Re: cvs commit log)

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: glnames.py (Re: cvs commit log)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:56:47 +0100

Hi Just,

> My FontTools package (which is the new, yet unreleased superset of TTX)
> contains a module called agl.py, which I think might be equivalent. In case
> you'd like to check it out, I've put a fresh CVS snapshot here:
>
>    http://www.petr.nl/just/FontTools.tar.gz

Thanks a lot for the pointer. I've spent much time looking at the TTX
source code, and it's great. By the way, where did you find the specs
for the TSI0, TSI1, etc.. tables ? Am I right to suppose that they
are from Visual TrueType ??

Other than that, your agl.py is much more advanced than my code.
I need to learn how to use Regular Expressions too ! (I don't want
to touch "glnames.py" right now, because it works as it is, and
there are other things to finish in the T1 driver..).

For now, the "psnames" module contains a big table that is used
to convert glyph names to unicode values through the Adobe Glyph
List. It'd be interesting to add new tables in it to deal with
CJK fonts too.

Cheers,

- David