Re: more FT2 Mac ponderings

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: more FT2 Mac ponderings
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 18:21:41 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Just van Rossum wrote:

> I know, but let me explain again why I don't want to do that:
> - I need the src/base/ftsystem.c implementation *as is* to support flat files
> - I don't want to duplicate that code just to add one little switch which,
> IMHO, can be *much* more comfortably be implemented as a compiler switch in
> ft_stream_new().

What about the preprocessor trick I mentioned in one of my previous posts?

#define FT_New_Stream FT_New_Stream_Ansi
#include "..../base/ftsystem.c"
#undef FT_New_Stream

... FT_New_Stream(...)
{
... FT_New_Stream_Ansi(...) ...
}

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."