FT2 notes

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: FT2 notes
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:03:35 +0100

David,

Here are some random notes of things I found while finishing the mac FOND
driver and playing with ftview:

- The ftgrays.c raster is *extremely* slow for cubic outlines. (I haven't
tested your spanking new ftgrays2.c yet, though.)

- Using ftgrays.c with the t1z driver with hinting enabled (!) results in
glyphs being randomly (?) shifted.

- Both t1 drivers leak memory -- anything I can do to help fixing that?

- Both t1 drivers seem to refuse about half the type 1 fonts I have.

- In the FOND driver I need to allocate memory for a memory stream. Ideally
I would use the library->memory handlers, but I can't, because I can't
access them from my stream->close callback, where I need to free that
memory. So I just use malloc() and free(). I don't mind much, I just
thought I'd let you know ;-)

Just