IBM AS/400 Migration

From: Bob Scott
Subject: IBM AS/400 Migration
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:40:45 -0500

Hello,
    I am currently migrating FreeType to an IBM AS/400 for one of my
clients.

    I have the system compiled and now I'm debugging the code.

    Do you know of other AS/400 migrations?

    The big difference is the fact that the AS/400 uses EBCDIC not ASCII. I
have to change some of the "Constants"
(ie "head") back to ASCII. The compiler makes 'h' EBCDIC (0x88) I need 'h'
ASCII (0x68).

    I will give you back the "changes" that I needed to make, when I
complete the task.

    Let me know if you have any suggestions...

    I may need help later in using FreeType, but for now I'm ok....

    Take care,
                    Bob Scott
                    ScottSystems