Re: API additions

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: API additions
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:13:16 +0200

Hi Stefan,

> David Turner wrote:
>
> >   Your testing and input is now welcomed :-)
>
> Nice !
>
> First of all, I finally managed to track a problem which
> causes FT2 never to work for me (the demos that is):
> the X11 driver isn't compiled !

The X11 driver is compiled when one of the following patterns
is found in the current path:

  X11/bin
  X11R5/bin
  X11R6/bin

Then, the X11 path is extracted from the path, and the rest
goes on..

> Since the build system looks rather complicated I don't start
> to mess with it. I'm compiling on a linux (RH 6.1) platform.

Please have a look at the file "demos/graph/x11/rules.mk"
which is in charge of deciding wether to compile the X11 driver
or not. It really should be straightforward to fix on your
system, and I'd welcome your diffs :-)

This file is not difficult to understand, I promise :-)

I have tested this thing succesfully on Linux (Mandrake 7.0)
a few days ago when fixing the display problems on TrueColor
displays..

Best Regards,

- David