support for OpenType Fonts

From: Yogesh Padmakar Ketkar
Subject: support for OpenType Fonts
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:47:28 -0500 (GMT)

Hi,
        We are working on Indian Languages Support on
Linux. As part of it we want to render True Type Open
font files.
        FreeType 1.3.1 library did not have complete
support for all the tables of Open Type Fonts( e.g. GPOS)
FreeType 2 library is promising to give the
complete support for that, how much time will it take?
        Otherwise we would like to add this support to
the basic engine.For that the documentation of this new
FreeType 2 engine is not complete.
        So what is the best thing to do?

-Thanks.