severe problems with bchr8a.pfb

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: severe problems with bchr8a.pfb
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 20:11:18 +0000 (GMT)

The font bchr8a (Bitstream's `CharterBT-Roman'), available from the
teTeX distribution (or from CTAN), shows severe distortions of
composite glyph outlines if hinting is active.

Similar effects can be seen with other PFB's like lcmssb8.pfb (from
Bluesky's collection of CM fonts, also from teTeX resp. CTAN).

I've tested with ftview without any special changes -- BTW, what must
I do to activate type1z?

Minor problems occur with the font lobr.gsf (a Thai font; I've sent it
to David privately) which renders OK but gives some warning messages.