Re: OpenType with CFF outlines

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: OpenType with CFF outlines
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 13:44:26 -0400 (EDT)

> Please tell me, what you are talking about?
> Are you talking about Adobe's FDK?
> Is it accessible from countries other than US?

We were talking about why Character ID OpenType/CFF fonts do not
render properly in ftview, and why some OpenType/CFF fonts do.

Some of the fonts that Sivan talked about failing under a Linux
compile of the Freetype snapshot and succeeding under a Solaris are
available in Adobe's OpenType Font Development Kit (FDK).  This FDK is
noting more than a bunch of tools for turning existant Type 1/CIDFonts
into OpenType/CFF fonts.

As far as I know, Adobe will license it to non-US citizens/companies.

I hope this helps.

Tom