release candidate

From: David Turner
Subject: release candidate
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:23:06 +0200

Hello,

  First of all, thanks a lot to Werner for his work in the Unix
  build system. It seems to work nicely and propose that the
  configure script invocation becomes the default build behaviour
  on Unix system (i.e. no need for "make unix" anymore).

  On the other hand, Werner, do you think you'll have to add
  support for "make install/uninstall" quickly. I think it'd
  be a good thing to put in the beta. If not, I propose to
  package the last beta right now !!

  Other than that, the web site was recently updated, you can
  also look at two draft documents:

     http://www.freetype.org/freetype2.html   - FT2 Introduction
     http://www.freetype.org/ft2faq.html      - FT2 Faq (largely incomplete)

  Any comments welcomed on this topic