Re: FT_FACE_FLAG_EXTERNAL_STREAM -> memory leak ???

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: FT_FACE_FLAG_EXTERNAL_STREAM -> memory leak ???
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:43:15 +0100

At 1:01 PM +0200 27-07-2000, Boris Letocha wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Its look like memory leak problem then I use external stream in OpenFace.
>
>in ft_new_input_stream is new stream allocated each time FT_OpenFace is
>called
>but when it is external ft_done_stream is not called.
>
>    /* close the stream for this face if needed */
>    if ( ( face->face_flags & FT_FACE_FLAG_EXTERNAL_STREAM ) == 0 )
>      ft_done_stream( &face->stream );
>
>But ft_done_stream not only closes stream, but also free memory of stream!

I think you're right. When prividing a stream in the FT_Open_Args struct
for FT_Open_Face, a new stream is allocated, and the contents from the
supplied one is copied. So it seems FT_Done_Face should alsways free the
stream (it's always allocated by FT after all), but only call the close
function when it's not marked as "external".

Just