Re: Fix! Well, almost. (was: Re: Bugs, bugs, bugs.)

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: Fix! Well, almost. (was: Re: Bugs, bugs, bugs.)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:21:45 +0100

At 4:56 PM -0400 31-07-2000, Tom Kacvinsky wrote:
>No, there is no such thing as synthetic fonts in CFF.  Just an
>obliquing font matrix.

That's what I thought.

>As far as I know, the only remaining issue with the CFF driver is the
>use of endchar as a kludge for seac (see the latest, greatest Type 1
>spec. for what I am talking about).

Eh, seac isn't part of the T2 spec. I suppose you mean CFF with T1 CharStrings?

>So, I imagein the problems with CFF obliques fonts has to do with the
>font matrix.

Ok. Maybe I'll have a look tomorrow. Ah, right, if the FontMatrix is
[0.001, 0, 0, 0.001, 0, 0] it is not supplied in the file, as it's the
default value. So the only difference between the two fonts that could have
an impact is the FontMatrix being present in the Oblique font and not in
the regular. Hm.

>I'll check into when I have more time.  Work (the four letter kind)
>beckons right now.

No problem... Thanks,

Just