Re: Post Processing

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: Post Processing
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:30:03 -0400

Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

> At 11:37 AM +0200 10/16/00, Stefan De Laere wrote:
> >We would like to do some post processing on the bitmaps/pixmaps
> >generated by the freetype engine to create special effects like
> >embossing and beveling....
> >
> >Does anybody know where we could find some good algorithms or a
> >good starting point ?
> >
>         I would look at ImageMagick (<http://www.imagemagick.org>)
> which is VERY comprehensive imaging library that uses FT for it's
> text annotations.  It probably does everything you already need, and
> works on just about any platform you could want.

or if you want to stay vector oriented a little longer, have a look
at the gltt library. It's now horribly outdated, given that it was written
for freetype 1.3, but you'll still get the idea. It operates on outlines,
and uses the glu library for tesselation. With the possibility to hook
up callbacks with the tesselation routines, it can effectively postprocess
the rendering of the glyphs.

Hope this helps,        Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique