Re: Courier-Oblique

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: Courier-Oblique
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:22:43 -0400 (EDT)

Oops....  This is not a hinting bug.  In fact, the way T1_Load_Glyph is set up,
hinting is never used.  The bug is somewhere in T1_Load_Glyph, though, and it
can be triggered by turning hinting on and off.

Bart De Lathouwer sent me an email note that the problem might be with the
metrics.  Sure enough, when hinting is turned off, T1_Load_Glyph is called with
FT_LOAD_NO_RECURSE, and that is when the font views properly.  But metrics are
handled differently in this case...

Tom