[Devel]Oversampling and rounding TrueType glyphs

From: Keith Packard
Subject: [Devel]Oversampling and rounding TrueType glyphs
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:32:06 -0800

I'm working on a system which requires that I oversample glyphs by a
factor of 6 along one axis.  The problem is I can't figure out how to get
the rasterizer to snap coordinates to the original grid, rather than at
1/6th pixel intervals.  The resulting glyphs lose much of their clarity as
a result.  Examples can be viewed at:

        http://www.xfree86.org/~keithp/render/clear.html

The chromatic abberations along the edges of glyphs are largely a result
of this problem.  Of course, the images are almost unviewable without a
digital LCD monitor (like on a laptop).

address@hidden   XFree86 Core Team              SuSE, Inc.