RE: [Devel] Re: CFF problems

From: Blinn, Eric W
Subject: RE: [Devel] Re: CFF problems
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:42:33 -0600

> >>  Even with the possibility of a negative left side bearing
> >>  in mind, I don't doesn't appear to be the intent with CFF
> >>  fonts like the one I provided. I haven't tried your t2parse
> >>  fixes yet (will be doing that shortly). Did it clean up the
> >> metrics that lead to the negative left side bearing?
> >
> > No.  I am not sure what is going on there.  I'll be looking into this.

Thanks Tom. I'll continue investigating here too. I can fix, or at least get
around, most of the other problems easily enough, but the left side bearing
problem is trickier.

FYI, the (presumably) incorrect left side bearing is the most visible glyph
metric problem because it is affecting the pen position in horizontal
layout. However, it seems that other metrics may sometimes be wrong too. I'm
basing this on comparison with results that came out of GhostScript (which
we were using to rasterize fonts before moving to FreeType).