Re: [Devel] FIXED: viewing problems with CFF fonts

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: [Devel] FIXED: viewing problems with CFF fonts
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:06:25 -0800

>          root->descender    = (FT_Short)root->bbox.yMin;
> +        root->height       = ( ( root->ascender - root->descender ) * 12 ) /
> 10;

Shouldn't that be:

         root->descender    = -(FT_Short)root->bbox.yMin;
         root->height       = ( ( root->ascender + root->descender ) * 12 ) /
10;

In my experience, descent measures the distance from the baseline to the
bottom of the glyph and is positive for glyphs which extend below the
baseline.  Of course, I don't understand the context of this code and may
be completely off base.

address@hidden   XFree86 Core Team              SuSE, Inc.