Re: [Devel] Re: bug in BBox_Conic_Check?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: bug in BBox_Conic_Check?
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:21:10 +0100

Hi Werner,

> Richard has kindly sent me proper code -- unfortunately, he directly
> uses `double', sqrt(), etc.  Converting this stuff into our fixed math
> world will take some time...  Don't expect results too quickly.
>
> BTW, what about removing the `OLD_CALC' stuff from ftcalc.[ch]?
>
> Finally, may I ask that you take care of the CFF problem in the
> autohinter as reported by Tom?

All right, I have a few hours today for FreeType. Here's what I
plan to do:

  - try to remove the OLD_CALC stuff from ftcalc.[ch]

  - look at the CFF problem and hope to solve it today.

  - make a 2.0.1 release, following the instructions you posted
    recently.

My e-mail backlog is currently huge and I have not read all
messages yet. It's clear I'll need to dig at least the CFF
e-mail deeply before doing some updates..

I'll post when I'm finishing, starting the work right now..
By the way, could you send me Richard's code, if the problem
isn't too complex, we could maybe integrate it directly for
2.0.1

I'll probably post of "FreeType roadmap" on the web page after
that to clarify what is going on in the following weeks and
months..

I don't have much time for the documentation though, which
certainly is our weakest point now. Meanwhile, may I ask you
to update the FreeType site slightly to announce the 2.0.1
release (i.e. first page + news + download ??)

Regards,

- David