[Devel] Oblique Type1 fonts leave first glyph roman

From: Keith Packard
Subject: [Devel] Oblique Type1 fonts leave first glyph roman
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:10:36 -0800

XFree86 was given six Type1 faces by Bigelow and Holmes, roman and oblique
for a serif, sans and mono-spaced version in their lucidux style.  When I
rasterize the oblique versions with FreeType 2.0.1, the first glyph which
is rasterized is upright rather than oblique.  Here are the matrices from
the two serifed faces:

% oblique matrix from lcdxro.pfa
/FontMatrix [0.001 0 0.0002 0.001 0 0] readonly def

% roman matrix from lcdxrr.pfa
/FontMatrix [0.001 0 0 0.001 0 0] readonly def

I can't think what I might be doing wrong in using the face that would
cause this problem.  Also interesting:

        The IBM Type1 rasterizer in the X server works fine.

        The error occurs with either monochrome or grayscale rendering

        It doesn't matter what glyph is rasterized first, even ' ' makes
        further glyphs work correctly.

address@hidden   XFree86 Core Team              SuSE, Inc.